Next Generation Leaders
The Mandana Group has created a powerful leadership development
program designed to develop strong leadership skills in
high potential leaders and prepare them for the future.
Our model builds on fundamental leadership skills but
can be highly tailored to reflect the values and culture
of your organization. We have designed the experience
in a way that allows mixing your current senior leaders
with your next generation of leaders. It is designed to
train 10 high potential leaders at a time and provides:
- Monthly one day training sessions for a period of
- In-depth interaction with senior leaders in your organization
- Interaction with other high potential colleagues between
each training session
- Modules specifically tailored to meet your organization’s
Module 1 — Understanding Leadership
Principle: Effective leaders understand the critical
elements of leadership and use them to strengthen their
relationship with followers.
- Learn the 5 fundamental practices of exemplary leadership
- Assess where individual values are in alignment with
important leadership values
- Recognize the importance of paying attention and measuring
Module 2 — Self Awareness and Receiving
Principle: Self awareness is the keystone for emotional
- Identify key strengths and areas for development relevant
to this program
- Learn how to interpret feedback from others and inquire
for deeper understanding
Module 3 — Building Relationships and
Principle: Strong interpersonal communication and listening
skills play a critical role in building trust, respect,
relationships and teamwork.
- Increase the appreciation and skill for deep listening
- Develop a better balance in the use of advocacy and
Module 5 — Coaching
Principle: Powerful coaching strengthens relationships
and enhances performance.
- Increase understanding of what coaching is and isn’t
- Develop skills to coach more effectively
- Learn a process to coach others
Module 6 — Tough Conversations
Principle: Effective leaders are skilled at having the
tough conversations necessary to achieve the desired results
and can do so in a motivating, empowered manner.
- Improve the likelihood of a tough conversation being
- Increase willingness to engage in future conversations
that could be challenging, resulting in:
- Greater influence
- Less conflict
- Stronger relationships
Module 7 — Change Management, Ambiguity
Principle: Effective leaders understand the challenges
that change and transition present and manage the change
and its human impact consciously.
- Recognize the emotional impact of change on you and
those you work with
- Know skills and techniques to support yourself and
lead others through the transition process
Demonstrate effective leadership in the face of
an unknown future
Module 8 — Decision Making
Principle: Effective leaders make decisions in a timely
way and appropriately involve others to ensure a clear
understanding of the issues and buy in to the implementation
- Build awareness of the variety of decision making
- Understand the trade off’s between speed of
decision making and buy in from others to the decision.
- Understand the mechanisms that need to be in place
to ensure that delegated work will be accomplished.
Module 9 — Developing and Implementing
a Strategic Vision
Principle: Effective leaders understand the importance
of using a clearly articulated vision to move their organizations
forward. They also have tools and processes to implement
- Understand the power of articulating your personal
passion and using it to create a desired future
- Build your awareness of a variety of tools that support
the development and execution of a strategic vision
- Understanding the importance of managing relationships
critical to the implementation of your strategic vision.
Module 10 — Planning for and Managing your
Principle: Effective leaders are constantly learning
and finding new ways to expand their skills.
- Compare strengths and areas for further development
with feedback from colleagues
- Increase your ability to receive feedback nondefensively
through inquiring for deeper understanding of your impact
- Learn to create a plan to upgrade your skills and
the skills of others.