Getting Your Expertise Used To Make
Description and Overview:
We frequently find ourselves in a consultant role—situations
without direct control but where we want to make a difference.
Consulting is framed as delivering your expertise into
a client—impacting the client in a way the client
values AND your expertise is well used.
This participative workshop focuses on the "how to's"
of successful consulting, tied to impacting business outcomes.
Those in Information Systems, Information Technology,
Communication, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Training,
Organization Development, and other Staff or Support Functions.
The full workshop is five days. It can be planned for
two 2½-day sessions or as five consecutive days.
We can custom design solutions for your particular needs.
An 1-day overview is available.
- Know what your expertise is, articulate it and make
an offer to your client.
- Understand what your value added is for the client
and how you can deliver on it.
- Form a collaborative relationship with the client,
or be a partner in the business.
- Facilitate the Consulting Process and handle the conversations
needed in each phase of it.
- Talk about what conditions need to be in place for
your expertise to bring value added and why they make
sense for the client.
- Gather information, make a diagnosis and formulate
- Deal with "ownership" issues.
- Use positive and effective tools when encountering
resistance, disagreement, or cynic victim and bystander
- Choose accountability for yourself and your client's
- Apply your expertise within a business or unit.
- Works well for either intact or cross functional,
- Can be custom designed for your function and situation.
- Can be expanded to include rethinking your expertise
and redefining the products and services you offer to
improve impacts on clients' business outcomes.
- Can serve as a foundation for re-inventing staff groups
and their functions.
- On going support to continue building your consulting
and change facilitation capacity is available, including
shadow consulting, consulting clinics and on-line discussion