Getting the Results You Want
- Avoid tough conversations because you're
afraid they won't go well?
- Fail to surface important issues in the
name of not 'ruffling feathers'?
- Push yourself to confront others, but
leave the conversation thinking 'they didn't
Whether it's with your peer on the
cross-functional team or your boss about budgetary
constraints, tough conversations can make
or break us.
This one day workshop helps you practice tools
and techniques to skillfully conduct important conversations
you need to have.
- Surface and explore difficult or "un-discussable"
- Explain your thinking more clearly.
- Question the thinking of others with curiosity and
- Tune in to your internal dialogue and use it to shape
what you say.
- Use new tools to describe your thoughts and feelings
and the impact others have on you.
Practicing the techniques of Tough Conversations,
you will be able to:
- Be clearer about the outcomes you want in a tough conversation and act in ways that achieve them.
- Know that emotions are an important part of any tough conversation and use your feelings more honestly, consciously and constructively.
- Effectively question others to truly understand the
thoughts and assumptions behind their actions.
- State what your contribution has been to the situation to open the door for honest discussion.
- Prepare yourself prior to the conversation so that you know what you want, are more open to influence, and thus more influential.
The Mandana Group consists of five highly experienced
organization consultants with a broad range of internal
and external consulting and executive coaching experience.
This program was designed to help our clients tackle the
challenges we saw them repeatedly facing.
For more information, contact
any of us at mandanagroup.com.